Friday, September 12, 2008

Go Peace Corps GO!!!!

The sewing seminar finished today and was a huge success! Today we had a presentation of all the items the women made throughout the week. TV3 came this morning to do interviews and shot footage of the work and the women sewing. All very exciting...I think I deserve a vacation now..right?


I took this as I was walking up to the fale this morning. The women were busy hanging up their work at 6am (I arrived after 3 cups of coffee at 730am, no samoa before coffee, strict rule)

The women finishing up work with their main projects hanging behind them



Lise being interviewed by TV3


Lise, the women who I worked with to organize all this, and I. The women made me this puletasi during the week. My contribution was the reversable headband. Yah me!


Pretty women posing



This one is for you mom


Lise and Suega, a rep from the min of women who helped teach the seminar, working on my puletasi



Sewing is tiring!


Suega cutting pieces for my puletasi


This is Pila. Pila loves to dance. I love Pila

Concentrating reallllly hard...

1 comment:

Barb Carusillo said...

How do these Samoan women NOT all have herniated lumber discs from sitting on the floor, leaning forward to sew like that!! Just looking at the pictures hurts!