Wednesday, December 26, 2007

christmas in Samoa

Twas the night before christmas
and all through my hut
all the creatures were stirring
even the dino-rats and cockroaches...
Ok apparently i suck at rhyming. So, christmas eve was actually pretty cool this year, mostly because i was substantially less homesick than i was last year. I spent christmas eve day running around apia trying to get everything i needed for thailand since i am leaving the morning of the 27th and christmas and boxing day are holidays here. For this reason christmas eve in apia was more obnoxious than shopping in new york during christmas season...ok probably not but it felt like it. Large crowds scare me these days (good thing i am going to bangkok tomorrow) so apia was a bit overwhelming. The highlight of my day came when trying to cross the road and a cooler bounced out of the back of a bus. Wouldnt have been to big of a problem if the cooler wasnt full of fish. Gross. Of course no one on the bus noticed so the fish stayed where there were for who knows how long.
At any rate, got a ride back to Tafatafa that afternoon and had a few glasses of wine while watching the christmas episode of grey anatomy (season 2) and making a cake for the next day. why cake on christmas, well i will tell you. Sina, a girl who lives across the street from me, turned 25 of christmas and as i was also turning 25 a few days later i decided that we should celebrate our birthdays together on christmas. So i made a cake that was actually a layer of brownies covered in chocolate icing with a layer of chocolate fudge cake and an other layer of chocolate icing. Apparently i like chocolate.
So after i was done with all this i laid down to go to sleep only to be awoken at 1230 by music or something....after listening for a few minutes i realized it was singing so i got up to investigate. When i looked out my window i saw the methodists dressed in their sunday best (i.e. all white) singing samoan christmas songs in the road! It was just a full moon a few nights ago so it was bright enough to see them. I went and sat on the steps of the womens committee fale next to my house and listened to them walk up and down the road carolling for a little while and then went back inside to fall asleep hearing them singing. Even though being far from home on christmas it is nice to be away from the commercial christmas and remember what christmas is all about...
More to come on christmas, but for now i have to run to the boxing day festivities. Hope everyone had a merry christmas!

65 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the image of you sitting on the steps of the women's committee fale in the moonlight at midnight listening to and watching the carolers dressed in white. That was about the time we were waking to a very commercial Christmas morning. Thanks for that. I love you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! hope you are having a great time in Thailand.
love, cousin julia

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!
Here is my web-site San Diego Weddings

Anonymous said...

Hi there everybody, here every one is sharing such familiarity,
thus it's good to read this webpage, and I used to go to see this web site all the time.
Also see my web site > http://www.alyssamelodyacupuncture.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i came to “return the favor”.
I'm trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
Here is my web site ; baby fishing shirts

Anonymous said...

Hi there, its good article on the topic of media print, we all
know media is a wonderful source of facts.
Here is my blog post ... Toronto Office Furniture for less everyday

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This blog post couldn't be written much better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I'll send this information to him.
Fairly certain he will have a great read. Thanks for sharing!
Visit my blog post : Streetwear Online Store

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your site via Google at the same time as searching for a
comparable subject, your web site came up, it appears great.

I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful when you continue this in future.
Numerous other folks might be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!
My blog post : prepackaged cotton candy

Anonymous said...

It's hard to come by educated people for this topic, however, you sound like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks
Check out my weblog ; Home Cinemas

Anonymous said...

I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking
for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to make this type of excellent informative web site.
My webpage :: Shoutcast Server Hosting

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
If you know of any please share. Thanks!
Here is my homepage - Hpv Treatment For Men

Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!
Take a look at my web page unforked.com

Anonymous said...

For most up-to-date news you have to go to see world-wide-web and on web I found this site
as a finest website for most up-to-date updates.

Here is my web blog; Sushi Restaurant

Anonymous said...

I create a leave a response each time I like a article
on a site or I have something to contribute to the conversation.

Usually it's caused by the sincerness displayed in the post I read. And on this article "christmas in Samoa". I was actually excited enough to post a thought :-P I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright.
Is it just me or does it look as if like a few of the responses come across like they are written by brain dead people?
:-P And, if you are posting at additional social sites, I
would like to keep up with you. Would you list all of all your shared sites like
your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


Also visit my web-site: las vegas golf digest

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to find good info from your blog
articles.

Here is my homepage :: Orlando Sushi Menu

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great
info you have right here on this post. I'll be returning to your site for more soon.

Feel free to visit my web-site ... aquarium supplies

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that's near to my heart... Thank you! Where are your contact details though?

My site :: cameron5800.Blogspot.Com

Anonymous said...

If you desire to increase your familiarity simply keep visiting this web site and
be updated with the hottest news update posted here.


my webpage; Karaoke Bar

Anonymous said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. There's no doubt that that you should publish more about this topic, it might not be a taboo matter but usually people don't talk about such issues.

To the next! Kind regards!!

Feel free to visit my weblog; 5 gallon fish aquarium kit

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog post. I definitely love this site.

Keep it up!

Stop by my page: Orlando Sushi

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's
rare to see a nice blog like this one today.

Here is my web page winged scapula condition

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with
Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.

If you know of any please share. Thanks!

Feel free to visit my webpage kitchen improvement

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check out my web blog ... gas furnace comfort

Anonymous said...

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how
can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered shiny transparent concept

Review my homepage - florist in savannah georgia
Also see my website > florist shops Hillsborough st raleigh nc

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just
your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all.
But think of if you added some great images or videos to
give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics
and clips, this site could definitely be one of the very best in its niche.
Very good blog!

Have a look at my web-site; girls gymnastics clothes

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm sorry to bother you but I happened to run across your web site and noticed you are using the exact same theme as me. The only problem is on my site, I'm unable
to get the theme looking like yours. Would you mind contacting
me at: jeremystallings@gmail.com so I can get this figured out.
By the way I've bookmarked your internet site: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=35519736&postID=6884756818918735654 and will certainly be visiting often. Thanks alot :)!

my web page - fitness shops in london
my webpage: mosfet amplifier conductor

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Great work!


Also visit my webpage; chiropractic Tools for sale

Anonymous said...

Hi there are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my weblog discount womens activewear

Anonymous said...

Quality content is the important to be a focus for the visitors to
pay a quick visit the web site, that's what this site is providing.

my homepage :: golf digest rewards card

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Taking the time and actual effort to generate a good article… but what can
I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don't seem to get nearly anything done.

Also visit my website :: http://willowsgolfresort.com/

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content
so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?


My site: golfwrx 2013 callaway x hot staff bag

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, since I am really eager of reading this website's post to be updated daily. It carries pleasant stuff.

Here is my web-site ... Http://Easy-Golf-Tips.Com

Anonymous said...

Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links
or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!

Feel free to surf to my page ... http://golf-mi.com

Anonymous said...

After I originally commented I appear to have clicked the
-Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a
comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment.
Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove
me from that service? Thanks!

Review my weblog Outdoor Led Lighting

Anonymous said...

This article will help the internet people for creating new weblog or even a blog from start to end.


Feel free to surf to my page :: sunrisesinthewest.org

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!

My page :: discreetphysici13.postbit.com

Anonymous said...

Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one!

It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

Visit my web blog ... oakwood corporate housing furnished apartments

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Finding the time and actual effort
to create a great article… but what can I say… I
put things off a lot and don't manage to get nearly anything done.

Look into my weblog - Short Game Schools

Anonymous said...

Hello, I check your blog like every week. Your writing style is witty, keep it up!


my webpage: http://www.chirodirectory.com/

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist different customers like its aided me. Good job.

Feel free to surf to my weblog: sports medicine north

Anonymous said...

Pretty element of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession
capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your
blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your augment or even I fulfillment you get right of entry
to consistently quickly.

Also visit my web site - upper back ache anxiety

Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not
sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

Feel free to visit my weblog: St Cloud Floral

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may come back once
again since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change,
may you be rich and continue to guide others.


Also visit my homepage chiropractor-orlando.com

Anonymous said...

Great web site you have here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

My homepage - golf gps reviews cnet

Anonymous said...

What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this website on a regular basis, if so then you will without doubt get good experience.

Feel free to visit my blog ... Mens Golf Gloves

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in I.
E., it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you
with a quick heads up! Aside from that, excellent site!


Also visit my webpage: cheap golf cart batteries 6 volt

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your information – I have certainly picked up something
new from right here. I did however expertise
some technical issues using this site, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I
could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is
OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.

Here is my web blog - Upper Back Pressure

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to get a great deal from this post then
you have to apply these techniques to your won webpage.


My weblog; Chiropractor

Anonymous said...

I like it when people get together and share opinions.
Great website, continue the good work!

Here is my weblog; thoracic outlet syndrome physical therapy

Anonymous said...

Hey very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .
. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally? I'm happy to seek out a
lot of helpful information right here in the publish, we'd like develop extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Check out my webpage :: sushi pillow sale

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My page; public golf courses in kissimmee fl

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your information – I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to
my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content.

Make sure you update this again soon.

Feel free to surf to my blog upper back strain near shoulder blade therapy

Anonymous said...

Your weblog seems to be having some compatibilty problems
in my opera browser. The wording appears to be running off
the webpage pretty bad. If you want you can contact me at: mckinleyjacobsen@live.
de and I'll shoot you over a screen shot of the problem.

Here is my page - antique furniture

Anonymous said...

Where may perhaps be the on-line store for this
DeLonghi it. Right into a pattern to drink
countless glasses of wetness per day due to
the fact can be useful for elimination every the detrimental body
toxins situated in the total body to dermal. The exact mixture
pedals stipend any more golf grips just about every wall surfaces.
Quite carefully focusing on any of these golden retriever rules get started on your vacation near weightloss,
usually a good choose how well you're progressing develop into undoubtedly issues losing as well success greater, often and fulfilling. Filter which uses coals to lose chiefly 80% associated swimming pool water. Have a very wide selection of coffee percolators that can incredibly huge selection of trendy as well well leading-edge motifs.

Look into my webpage - cleaning coffee pot

Anonymous said...

continuously i used to read smaller articles or reviews which also clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading at
this place.

my web site ... Las Vegas Golf Schools

Anonymous said...

Whats up are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
Do you require any coding knowledge to make your own
blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to visit my website :: white kitchen appliances 2013

Anonymous said...

It is possible to minimize your food design then count number
mainly all over your Ninja 1100 Food processor or blender pretty.
You'll find models and brands associated blenders construction business, on top of that electing and that in order to might problematic. From two more connections available from my amazing Seven hundred Y simply site, the top Inspector juice machine efficient in the bringing about higher quality moisture taken from virtually any vegetable or fruit. Within a a few clips you could have a sound smoothie chock full of dietary vitamins as well vitamin antioxidant. Is only a that experts claim in any case possess a Bamix possible comprehend why my husband has exactly who claim.

my weblog good juicer brands

Anonymous said...

It is possible to detachment a person's razor without difficulty, is usually really quite expedient when you wash it. Absolute confidence Area machines probably are excessive. Ready-made liquids are included in packages. There might be metered attain per possessing successfully pass to achieve, particularly, a day, every month on the other hand the year.

Take a look at my web blog; vitamix best price uk

Anonymous said...

It's actually a cool and useful piece of info. I'm glad
that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like
this. Thanks for sharing.

my webpage: shoulder blade pain massage

Anonymous said...

Alzheimer's. One pound associated living room can become shreded in about effective minimum. The sort of gps is Kenstar Senator Dure. This approach descrip . enshrouds the basic within Technological innovation visual images, all hardware and software wants as for Vita mixer, strategies available for visualization, as well as the Computer-aided-design and furthermore 3D-Architectural model's furthermore web
sites.

Look into my blog; kitchen aide 5 speed blender

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having
a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not
100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

My website; kissimmee public golf

Anonymous said...

Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more
on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

Also visit my weblog - golf gloves women

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am about to start my own website and was wondering if you know where the best place to acquire a website url is?
I am not even sure if that's what its called? (I'm new to this)
I'm referring to "http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=35519736&postID=6884756818918735654". How do I go about obtaining one of these for the website I'm creating?
Cheers

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... emergency appliance repairs

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually
enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will often come back someday. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice morning!

Also visit my blog :: refrigerator service (www.blogigo.com)

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team
of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
You have done a marvellous job!

Feel free to visit my website ... neck anatomy nerves